Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 17, 2008

This is a story of my NEW LIFE!

Hi, I'm Horatio, a Pit Bull puppy! I don't like thinking about my old life, because I was abandoned because no one loved me.

But on the 4th of July, this kind lady found me and she brought me to this new place she calls "my home." I tried to tell her about my old life, this happened and then this happened to me, but she said I didn't need to tell her, she could see what happened to me.
She said I was emaciated, I think that just means I am really hungry because I didn't have food for a long time.

I was wondering why I was so itchy all the time and why my skin hurt, and this doctor said I have a very bad case of mange. Some times it is pussy and I sweat blood. I don't like that! I have to get a lot of rest for that, take some medicine with turkey or jelly (yumm!) eat nutritious food and get lots of baths. My mommy says I'm a good boy.

I also have auto-immune problems. That means I just get sick easier than most other dogs, I think.


Mommy puts stuff in my eye too. She says I have real purdy brown eyes, but if one doesn't get better, I might lose an eye. WHAAAT?! I wanna keep my eye! I gots to see what is going on!

THEN the doctor says I got a heart murmur. Huh? The heart is for loving, and I think mine works real good.

The doctor also said me tail was broken... in FOUR places! I was wonderin' .... it hurt before when I was wagging it. I still wag it all the time now, because I am happy to have a mommy and a place to live.


My mommy and I go for walks every morning before it gets too hot. Sometimes, I cry when I think I lost my mommy. Once she was behind a tree and I couldn't see her!

My favorite things to do are to sleep, bark, eat my organix dog food, my yummy bones, and listen to mommy tell me about all my Angels and people who are rooting for me to get better.

My mom's friends set up this account for me at the doctor. They say I am real good when I go to the doctor and get my tests done. Some dogs, they don't like going. But I want to get better, so I don't mind. They tell me that I am going to have to go to the doctor alot until all my fur grows back. :(

If you can help with my bill, I will give you the biggest bully wiggle-butt wag and kiss ever!

Madison Ave Veterinary Clinic
8520 Madison Ave.
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

Please write that you are contributing for Horatio account #9237.

WOOF! Thank you, everyone. Thank you for all my presents from my wish list. I am so lucky to have so many friends. I ruv u! If you leave me a comment, my mommy says she promises that she will read them to me.
I hope I can meet all of you one day when I am all better.

11 comments:

2beemo said...

Dear Puppy Horatio,

Just leaving a note to let you know that we are all thinking of you. I can't wait to see more pictures of you and to hear how you are doing. Get well soon baby pup, I know you can do it!!Sending you lots of bully luv & PPP - Positive Pitbull Power!

Love,
Mo & AnnaB

SuzannaBanana said...

I can't wait to see your beautiful brindle coat grow in. I bet you're going to be quite the handsome fella. Winston says, "It's bad when you think nobody wants you, but that just makes it extra-special good when you find someone who does." Get well soon, lovey boy!

Sally's mom said...

Horatio -- Your luck has turned, you little lovebug. We are all so grateful to your new mom for saving you. Do everything you can to get better so you can come visit your friends at BAD RAP someday soon. Big hugs and bully kisses to you from Sally and me.

Unknown said...

Sweet little Horatio,

Lots of love, virtual belly-rubs and bully-god prayers for you. We hope to meet you someday when you will be as healthy as you are special. You have lots and lots of new friends.

Love,
Pat, Katie Lynn and Rusty

Cait said...

Dear Horatio,

You've never met me, but I saw the link to your story posted on Dogster. You and your mommy are in my pawrayers. Your mommy is a very good woman who reminds us that there is good in this world and angels are real!

Be strong, little boy!!! Keep us updated!

Love,
Momma Cait and Denny the Basenji

Unknown said...

Hi Mo & AnnaB
Moommy tells me you are a sweet lady who has helped her very much. Thank you! I am trying to get better, getting sleep, I looooooooove my new bed, its so comfy. I love you, I can't wait to meet you and AnnaB. Sending bully licks and hugs across the web. Horatio

Unknown said...

SuzannaBanana & Winston,
Thank you for thinking of me, your get well wishes make me feel better on my bad days. I can't wait to meet you to pal around.

Unknown said...

Hi Sally and moommy,
Ahh you guys are so nice,
I am trying to get better, its hard cause I want play I love the people at BADRAP, moomy says, you guys are PAWSOME! I can't wait to meet all the bullies and hoomans =)
bully hugs! Horatio

Unknown said...

Hola Pat, Katie Lynn and Rusty,
Ooooooooooooh I love belly-rubs and thank you for thinking of me.
You bet we have a date when I am all better! Now I finally feel so loved because of all you guys.
bully licks and hugs
H

Unknown said...

Hola Momma Cait & Denny the Basenji,
I am so happy you read my profile on dogster. I have a new bro Zorro he is a Basenji too. I hope we meet all one day & have a doggie party, of course when I am better. Gracias for the get well wishes!
bully hugs H

Anonymous said...

My sweet love Horatio.
You were with us for less than a month and the time just flew by us. Never did we think you would not be staying around for a long time. Every day we just knew you were getting stronger and better and we were anxious to see you healthy and well. Sidney and Honey and all the other furbabies at my place were praying for you and waiting to see your glorious looks revealed. But it was not to be and we so miss that opportunity to play with you and watch you play with your siblings and all your new friends you had made that you didn't even know yet. So many people fell in love with you because they could see your heart right through your eyes. They could see you had the soul of a rare being and they were blessed to have the priveledge to know you. I know I was. I am lucky to have known you for the short time I did and so look forward to the day at the Bridge when you are reunited with your mommy who loved you so much, almost too much. And you loved her the same, crying when you couldn't see her. She was your heart and you were hers. It was the first time in your very short life that you knew love and what it meant to be loved by a human, and you were quick to return that love. And all of your brothers and sisters, too. You loved Loli the most, and even on your last day you jumped up to see her when she pushed her way into to see you. You let nothing get in the way of love flowing from your heart, much like God who gave you that heart. You taught us much and gave us far more than we could even dream of giving to you, for you it was natural. Like the rivers to the sea.
Your leaving has left a great hole in the hearts of those who knew you and those who wished to know you. Our lives were the better for knowing you and we should remember that when the grief of your leaving threatens to engulf us,as it often does. Your mommy is so sad she can hardly bear it, but she will because she knows her work here is not yet finished. Even though yours was, she has more to do before she and the others can join you at the bridge.
So run, free of pain and illness and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air and creeks and butterflies to chase and soft green grass and all the friends to play with there at the bridge while you wait for her. You have earned it brave soul. And so much more. Those of us left behind will strive to be worthy of the noble and courageous dignity with which you led your life. And the gracious love you so willingly bestowed upon us. Goodbye my friend, I miss you terribly already. Kisses to you.

Loretta

Sacramento County, CA

Contra Costa County Animal Services

Baldwin Park shelter, CA

DOWNEY SHELTER, CA

Lancaster high kill shelter, CA

San Bernardino County DEVORE

FOLLOW